Health and Safety Mission
DSP’s core business is adding value to Hot rolled coil. Our process involves the pickling, cold rolling, annealing, tempering and galvanizing of steel for use in the general industry. At DSP we believe that a pro-active health and safety culture is an important element of our success. The health and safety of all personnel is of prime importance and thus we strive to conduct all operations in a safe environment, whilst supplying, PRIME, ON TIME, EVERY TIME
HEALTH AND SAFETY OBJECTIVES
ENSURING WORLD CLASS SAFETY STANDARDS
We will continually improve our OHS Management System ensuring that world class safety standards are incorporated into our everyday work activities. Our primary objective is to create and maintain an environment that is conductive of personal growth and development, in an environment that is safe and when hazards and risks are identified, prompt action is taken to prevent injury, ill health or damage and eliminate business interruption.
In order to ensure compliance with legal & other requirements we commit ourselves to employ systems and procedures that will guarantee DSP’s compliance with all relevant laws and other requirements pertaining to the identified Occupational Health and Safety aspects.
We commit ourselves to ensure that the need to take responsibility in maintaining a healthy and safe working environment is understood, observed and adhered to by everyone and that everyone is responsible for the safety of ourselves, co-workers and visitors.
HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY STATEMENT
The Health and Safety of all personnel, contractors or anyone having access to our workplace, is of prime importance to Management and it is for that reason that Management is committed to:
- Identifying and managing health and safety risks associated with our activities;
- Adopting OHSAS 18001 as the minimum standard for our OHS Management System.
- Ensuring that our suppliers, contractors and visitors fulfill our health and safety requirements;
- Empowering our employees to act within the framework of this policy;
- Sharing and communicating relevant health and safety information to all interested and affected parties, in an open and transparent manner and making this policy available and accessible to all.
We hereby commit ourselves to the Objectives, Policies and Procedures of the OHS Management System.