The act grants a requester access to records of the company, if the record is required for the exercise or protection of any rights. If a public body lodges a request, the public body must be acting in the public interest. Requests in terms of the act shall be made in accordance with the prescribed procedures, at the rates provided.
To facilitate the processing of your request, kindly:
1. Use the prescribed form, available on the website of the SOUTH AFRICAN HUMAN RIGHTS COMMISSION at www.sahrc.org.za, or the website of THE DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE AND CONSTITUTIONAL DEVELOPMENT (under regulations) at www.doj.gov.za
2. Address the request to the Company Secretary.
3. Provide sufficient details to enable the company to identify:
a. The record(s) requested;
b. The requester (and if an agent is lodging the request, proof of capacity);
c. The form of access required;
d. i) The postal address or fax number of the requester in the Republic;
ii) If the requester wishes to be informed of the decision in any manner (in addition to written), the manner and particulars thereof;
e. The right which the requester is seeking to exercise or protect with an explanation of the reason the record is required to exercise or protect the right.
The following prescribed fees applies to requests (other than personal requests):
1. A requestor is required to pay the prescribed fees (R50.00) before a request will be processed;
2. If the preparation of the record requested requires more than the prescribed hours (six), a deposit shall be paid (of not more than one third of the access fee which would be payable if the request were granted);
3. A requestor may lodge an application with a court against the tender / payment of the request fee and/or deposit;
4. Records may be withheld until fees have been paid.
5. The fee structure is available on the website of the SOUTH AFRICAN HUMAN RIGHTS COMMISSION at www.sahrc.org.za, or the website of THE DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE AND CONSTITUTIONAL DEVELOPMENT (under regulations) at www.doj.gov.za